Skip to main content

Finding my way back

The past couple years have been such a journey for me. Whoever said that we are supposed to have it all figured out by age 30 lied... yup that was a flat out lie!!  I've always known that I wanted some kind of digital presence, I've always known that I wanted to be an entrepreneur but I've never quite got it to click. Over the past years that I have been absent from this blog I've gone from working a fulltime 8-4, to creating my own hair product line, opening an online retail store, having several part time jobs, whew I am getting tired just writing this lol.  Then came 2020..... the year covid hit. There was a lot of silence, stillness and healing in 2020. I needed a time out. I needed to stop.  If I am being totally honest 2020 rocked me in ways that I still cannot quite put into words. Maybe one day, far far into the future looking back I could explain. At present I sit here in June 2021, still trying to catch my footing, not wanting to go back to the mundane activit

Healthy Hair Practices: Moisturize, Seal, Set

Hey Guys,

Today I wanted to share with you a very important practice that I believe has been one of the main contributors to my growth retention and overall good health of my hair. I have used the 3 step system : moisturize, seal and set  for the majority of my healthy hair journey and trust me, I do feel the difference when I don't do the steps. Check out the video below to hear more about this practice, I hope it helps you tremendously in your own healthy hair journey.

Until next time...xoxo
Ren



Comments

  1. Nice post!

    Also here is a great offer from ArganLife hair loss treatment products! Do not waste your money ! Click and benefit from our offer: BUY 1 ARGAN GET 1 FOR FREE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fot hair transplant in abu dhabi You must also be in general good health. Hair transplant is major surgery, performed under local anaesthetic with an associated recovery period. In order for the surgery to be a success, you should be fit and healthy and ideally you will not suffer any other major medical conditions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hair transplant is the most effective and permanent solution to baldness or hair loss. Millions of men and women benefit from this procedure every year. It can be performed using various techniques and FUE hair transplant in Dubai (Follicular Unit Extraction) is the most commonly performed and demanded technique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hair Transplant Dubai Clinic is one of the best Hair restoration facility offering hair loss treatments, hair replacement hair transplant in Dubai, UAE, Saudi Arabia.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hair Practices:Protecting hair for Texturizing Touch-up

Hey just coming at you with a short post on how I texturize my hair to get minimal breakage and damage. I was asked about my texlaxing process so below is a quick step by step tutorial of my touch up. Step 1: Separate hair in quarters. Take a good look at your new growth and determine where the line of demarcation is (where your relaxed hair meets your natural hair). Coat your already processed hair with vaseline and/or baby oil. Products New growth Separate in quarters Step 2: Add conditioner or oils to the relaxer to dilute the strength. This slows down the processing of the hair and allows you time for application if you move slowly like me lol. About 50/50 regular relaxer and conditioner Step 3: I apply my relaxer with my hands (using gloves ofcourse).. smoothing as I go along. I do not comb through Step 4: I leave the relaxer in for about 10 minutes Dont worry if the relaxer gets on already processed hair as its slathered with vaseline and bab

Healthy Hair Practices: Stretching Relaxers

Hello everyone, Today I want to focus on relaxed hair and shed some light on one of the most important practices that contributes to healthy relaxed (bone straight or texturized) hair. What does it mean to stretch your relaxer? Traditionally hair stylists have encouraged women to relax their hair every 4 to 6 weeks. Stretching your relaxer means lengthening the period between your touch ups, so instead of 4 to 6 weeks, you wait for 8 to 10 weeks or more. Why stretch your relaxer? -To prevent over lapping Hair grows on average  half an inch per month. When touching up a relaxer, chemical is supposed to be applied to the new growth but if there is only half inch of curly new growth it becomes very difficult to prevent relaxer from getting on the already relaxed hair. This results in overlapping the relaxer which causes the hair to become over processed, brittle and prone to breakage. -To give your scalp a break from harsh chemicals -To give you enough time to treat the hair

Healthy Hair Styling: Safe Flat Irioning

Hi Guys, I flat ironed my hair yesterday and I figured that I should do a post on safe flat ironing. It seems that with all the information out there about caring for our hair, heat has become the enemy. I believe that like everything else, heat can be used in moderation without having harmful effects to your hair. Below are some useful tips for flat ironing: 1. Deep Condition for atleast one hour prior to flat ironing. This is important as it infuses moisture and protein into the strands. Curly hair normally reverts when flat ironed because of humidity (moisture in the atmosphere), if your hair is moisturised well, it would not suck moisture from the atmosphere into your hair, thus your press would last longer. 2. Use a liquid leave-in. I have found that cream leave-in conditioners make my hair heavy and limp when I flat iron. 3. Use a heat protectant A good protectant is absolutely necessary when using heat. Fine strand ladies should use a  liquid and for thicker strands a s